Thursday, September 6, 2012

Comfort and Immune system.

Sitting in a comfortable armchair, reading a great book, while playing some of my favorite songs, enjoying the plants that surround the sun room...That is what I would love to do now...
Unfortunately, since I've been working with my own film company, all I read, are scripts, I seat in uncomfortable coffee shop stools, I'm forced to listen to dreadful music, in the most obnoxious environment...
However, when I look at my life, I do see beautiful things. This year I accepted a job as a writer for Luludi Living Frame. I did study horticulture for 8 years, but that was 18 years ago, and suddenly being asked to write about gardening, plants, Feng Shui and interior design, has been a huge task and challenge. But today, I write my four postings a day and don't even struggle about it. When I began writing for the company, I spent hours online researching things I had forgotten, but my brain seems to retrieve all the things I learned and makes it easier, as each day passes.

Tuesday, I was helping at LULUDI, and as I was touching the soil of a composition I was creating, I realized that rare were the times I actually touched soil in the past 20 years. After I graduated from my last year of university, I spent my days dancing for years at a time and apart from planting flowers in Farmville, I haven't touched soil all that time.
Touching the ground, soil, earth, is probably the most healthy way to build up your immune system. Better then a vaccine, re-potting plants and trees, will contribute to a stronger health. Since my schedule doesn't allow me to take a lot of time off, I will plant compositions, any chance I get, to remind me that we are dust, and to dust we will return. 
Drink water and plant trees.
S

No comments:

Post a Comment