Saturday, October 6, 2012

Acting!

Last weekend, I was working on the set on "Je T'aime, Jean", a short movie written by my friends Kerry and Joshua. In it I was playing a "chanteuse", a guy in drag singing french songs...
Cool role, but that's it, I have to be strong. From now on, unless it's a big role in Hollywood, I won't play drag roles.
In the past few years, I was lucky enough to be in many movies, and aside from playing a woman in Sherry's Kitchen, I never wanted to be associated with the actor who plays girls.
Enough with the tights and heels.
So that's that....
Now on the other hand, Saturday I was in a French movie, CHINESE PUZZLE, with Audrey Tautou and Romain Duris.
On the set of Chinese Puzzle.

My scene was with Romain, and all day I kept thinking, this is awesome and I can do this all day, and every day.
Yesterday I was called for a second day, shooting tomorrow, and from what I was told: "The Director (Cédric Klapish), has handpicked a few of you for a new scene."
Well, whatever that means, it makes me feel good. If anything, It's a paid gig, so I'm happy to make money, but it's truly not why I act.
Acting is my escape. It's me pretending to be someone else, and as I study the characters I play, I gently and slowly understand myself.
I'm ready for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment