Sunday, August 12, 2012

My trip - Day 2

Yesterday was not a traveling day, but a wonderful day nevertheless. A Memorial for Wayne Winterrowd (Author), was being held in North Hill Garden in Vermont. "Sunday Morning", a beautiful poem by Wallace Stevens was read, by Joe Eck, Wayne's lifetime partner. Following the reading in the garden, we all moved into the house to a concert.
The piece was "Sextet for strings in G major, op 36", by Johannes Brahms, transcribed for piano by Brahms himself. Played by Andrew Haringer and Gregory Hayes, it was a four hands magical concert.
The way their hands  and fingers moved on the piano, reminded me of dancers running in every directions, without ever bumping into each other.
After the concert we had a great Southern menu of devil eggs, potato salad, fried chicken (Not me...Vegetarian), and a strawberry cream pie to die for.
The guests were as eclectic as you can imagine, from gardeners, architects, fashion designers, writers, musicians, poets and me... Conversations were non-stop until 8 PM and though the rain was poring all day, we managed to stay dry in front of a beautiful fire, the kind you only get in old houses.
This was a country dream, and I felt very special to be a guest to such a brilliant event. I've been friend with Joe for over 12 years and though I knew of Wayne from the beginning, I never had the chance to meet him and regret it. It's partly my fault for always thinking that I would do it one day, but it wasn't meant to be.
Once again my belief is revived, and I want to do everything I've been putting on the back burner.
More to come, and hopefully pictures soon, once I figure out how to use my new camera.
Celebrate life by living it to the fullest.
Saba

1 comment:

  1. Yay pictures!!! :) and sadly yes,life's road is difficult in that sense... I find myself saying and doing the same thing and I know that one day it will catch up with me,kind of terrifying to sit down and think about actually but we are also a slave to destiny and like you said it just wasn't meant to be...but here's a thought,would your day and evening had been as magical if it had been under different circumstances? <3

    ReplyDelete