Sunday, August 19, 2012

My Trip - Day 9

Get up to a hotel shower, and a crazy hotel buffet. Luckily I bought eggs to get a descent meal in me for the long day ahead.
First time making eggs in a microwave, it sort of exploded, but I ate whatever came out of it. I figured, it's egg and radiation, it's gotta be good.
Next, I was a judge in the Acting competition. All I could think was WOW! Acting is already crazy enough for the ego, but competing in a room of stranger, is like if you met with 100 people in a large room, get undressed and vote who's got the best body...
Of course it's only relevant to the judges, and what we like or dislike. Tough one.

After that, I attended a bunch of lectures and workshops on marketing, producing and things I love to hear about about. The high light was meeting ROBERT Z'DAR. First at his lecture, and then at a panel discussion on Acting, where once again I was asked to be one of the panelists with Robert, Kristina Michelle and another actress from LA. Robert, though I knew him from serious roles, is the funniest dude around here. Good times.

Apart from the showing of my movie ABOUT A WEEK in the afternoon, the other highlight of the day was meeting BEKI INGRAM, awesome special effet make-up artist, recently in the TV show FACE OFF Season 2. It began with a quick introduction and lasted for an hour. The girl is awesome and of course meeting her Boss, Robert Kurtzman was pretty amazing too.
9PM, Kristine Michelle, interviewed me for the the TV show of the festival. Don't remember what I said, blah, blah, blah... I'll have to watch the show.
MOvies, movies, movies...At midnight I was getting pretty tired and went to the bar where everyone was. Robert Z'Dar waved at me to join him, his fiancee, and a couple I knew, are producing one his upcoming project. Very good times, and bonded with the couple who actually are the producers of the Naperville Film Festival.
Laugh a lot, talked a lot and bonded. Bed at 2AM.
In this business, network, network, then network some more, and at the end of the day, go on Facebook.
Story of my life.
S

No comments:

Post a Comment